Everyone Communicates, Few Connect: What the Most Effective People Do Differently
If you want to succeed and influence others, you must learn how to connect with people. While it may seem like some folks are just born with it, the fact is anyone can learn how to make every communication an opportunity for a powerful connection. In this workshop, Derek will show you how to get the message across by building a bridge to others. He will point out that cultivating relationships is every bit as important to effective communication as crafting the message. Derek will share four principles and four practices to develop the crucial skill of connecting that will give you the edge.
- Learn how to identify with people and relate to others in a way that increases your influence with them.
- Learn how to connect with others authentically and patiently seek to understand them before speaking.
- Learn how to be aware that our actions, tone, and style communicate far more than our words.
- Learn how to step toward others relationally and emotionally by personalizing the message.
- Learn how to build positive relationships through common interests and values.
- Learn how to cut through the haze of complexity and bring simplicity and clarity to life’s issues.
- Learn how to craft your communications appealingly so that you do not bore others.
- Learn how to motivate and inspire people to contribute their utmost to the organization’s goals.